The quality of teaching is the main factor which influences the achievement and progress of pupils. Governing boards have a crucial role in recruiting, supporting and developing staff. This session looks at school and headteacher appraisal arrangements; at how the process links with school improvement, school self-evaluation, the teaching standards and professional development.
By the end of this session, governors will understand
- responsibilities of the governing board under the 2012 appraisal regulations and Ofsted arrangements, including model policies
- managing the performance of the headteacher and the role of the External Adviser
- the links to school self-evaluation and school improvement plan
- how performance management links to pay and salary progression
- links to capability procedures
- how to know if performance management is making a difference
Training and Development for Governors Terms & Conditions
- It is essential that you pre-book for all sessions. Please do not attend if you have not booked in advance.
- Please let us know (by email) as soon as you can, if you need to cancel your place. If, without prior notification, governors do not attend courses for which they are booked there is a charge to their school.
- Most sessions are free to schools that have subscribed to the Bi-Borough School Improvement SLA. The costs for non-subscribing schools are outlined below.
- Please note we are unable to provide crèche or childcare facilities at any of our training venues.
|11 September 2018||6:30 pm - 8:30 pm||5 The Strand, Charing Cross||25||No charge for Schools signed up to the Bi-Borough School Improvement SLA. £60 per governor for other schools|
Date: 11 September 2018
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: 5 The Strand, Charing Cross
Charges: No charge for Schools signed up to the Bi-Borough School Improvement SLA. £60 per governor for other schools