These two sessions are built around Dylan Wiliam’s 5 formative assessment strategies:
- Clarifying, sharing and understanding learning intentions and success criteria
- Creating learning tasks that elicit evidence of learning (e.g. questioning and other ways to check for understanding)
- Feedback that moves learners forward (child to adult, child to child and adult to child)
- Activating learners as instructional resources for each other
- Activating learners as owners of their own learning (teaching metacognition and self-efficacy)
The first session will explore objective-led planning and how to use success criteria in different ways in different subjects so that learning outcomes are unrestricted. We will consider a range of methods to check for understanding, including the use of hinge questions, and how teachers should use the feedback they get from children to adjust and adapt their teaching.
For Autumn 2020 all NQT CPD will be delivered online using the Microsoft Teams platform.
Please ensure that you use a school email to book any NQT CPD sessions as this will be used to provide you with the Teams link to enable you to join the online session and used for all correspondence about pre work for any session or changes relating to the training. This email should be used for NQT Manager and all correspondence with the NQT Team and CPD Coordinator
Please register using following link: http://www.services2schools.org.uk/Event/120521
|26 November 2020||1:30 pm - 3:00 pm||Online||30||Free to schools that have bought into NQT Statutory Induction Service or the NQT CPD Programme Pack|
Date: 26 November 2020
Time: 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Charges: Free to schools that have bought into NQT Statutory Induction Service or the NQT CPD Programme Pack