These two sessions are built around Dylan Wiliam’s 5 formative assessment strategies:
- Clarifying, sharing and understanding learning intentions and success criteria
- Creating learning tasks that elicit evidence of learning (e.g. questioning and other ways to check for understanding)
- Feedback that moves learners forward (child to adult, child to child and adult to child)
- Activating learners as instructional resources for each other
- Activating learners as owners of their own learning (teaching metacognition and self-efficacy
The second session will continue the focus on the feedback loop, exploring what works best for teacher feedback to children (including strategies to make marking manageable and effective) and how to organise peer and self-assessment to best effect. Research evidence tells us that metacognition and self-efficacy are essential for being a successful learner so we will investigate how to teach and practice these skills within our subject curriculum.
For Autumn 2020 all NQT CPD will be delivered online using the Microsoft Teams platform.
Please ensure that you use a school email to book any NQT CPD sessions as this will be used to provide you with the Teams link to enable you to join the online session and used for all correspondence about pre work for any session or changes relating to the training. This email should be used for NQT Manager and all correspondence with the NQT Team and CPD Co-ordinator.
Please register using the following link: http://www.services2schools.org.uk/Event/120534
|10 December 2020||1:30 pm - 3:00 pm||Online||30||Free to schools that have bought into NQT Statutory Induction Service or the NQT CPD Programme Pack|
Date: 10 December 2020
Time: 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Charges: Free to schools that have bought into NQT Statutory Induction Service or the NQT CPD Programme Pack