An exciting opportunity is available to be one of the first teams to be trained in Sharing the Science – Child Development and Neuroscience in Hammersmith and Fulham. By participating in the session and in our evaluation you will be playing a vital role in helping us think through how we shape this workshop with other professionals in future so that we can better serve the residents of Hammersmith and Fulham. This workshop will introduce you to an approach which will:
1. Introduce participants to a cutting edge approach of using tested metaphors that help explain the science of brain and child development – and the impact of trauma.
2. Support professionals to help families think about what they can do to encourage healthy development in their children.
3. Encourage professionals to develop actionable ways in which they can use the metaphors in their interactions with families and professionals.
4. Create a shared language across the workforce around child development and to strengthen multi-agency working/relationship
5. To support managers to embed the concepts and language in their teams.
Our vision for sharing the science
Experience shapes us. And early negative experiences can damage a growing brain, putting children at risk of poor health in the future. Most people don’t know what they can to do to give children more positive, brain-strengthening experiences.
Our vision is to share the science of child development with those who work with children and the wider community, to create a shared and simple language so everyone can work together to ensure children grow up in an environment that gives them the best start in life and lays the foundations for good health in the future.
Eligibility: This workshop is only available for professionals who work with parents and/or children in Hammersmith and Fulham.
Cancellation notice: Please note that there will be a charge for cancellations and non-attendance.
|10 September 2020||10:00 am - 5:00 pm||Lilla Huset||20||Free|
Date: 10 September 2020
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Lilla Huset