Working with schools to deliver better outcomes
Our rationale for offering the service
- Many of the behavioural issues that children exhibit can be a direct result of early life trauma and so managing this must involve a trauma-based approach, not just behaviour management.
- Our offer focuses on the provision of support for pastoral care, behavioural issues, attendance concerns and challenges within pupils’ homes.
- Our services reduce the potentially damaging impact of early life toxic stress. Reducing the impact of toxic stress caused by early life trauma, often called Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s), is key to maximizing the chances of good physical, mental and emotional health.
We will provide a bespoke service and audit of a school, as well as consultation, guidance and recommendations on implementing a trauma informed approach to help address attendance and behavioural issues within your student body. This will include a programme of support for children requiring extra support
▪ We will base an experienced practitioner in your school to identify and address the potential impact of early life trauma.
▪ The practitioner will ask ‘what has happened’ not ‘what is going on?’
▪ We will work as part of the school team and support the whole school population, including pupils that live out of the borough.
▪ Our practitioner will work flexibility to the needs of the school.
▪ We will implement proven interventions that make a difference for individual casework with young people and their families.
▪ Our practitioners have strong links to social work teams who can expertly navigate and access these services; including access to the local authority case management system to provide more timely and improved information sharing.
- Ensure cohesive commitment to understanding the metaphors and recognising the impact of trauma on children’s developing brains.
- Develop a shared language and understanding of the principals of a trauma informed approach are defined
- Address and ensure greater engagement with students struggling with behavioural issues
- Help to keep students in school rather than excluded and using alternative school provision.
Practitioner: 1 day per week for 38 weeks
Investment: £11,400 + VAT per school
To register for the service click here
If you need more information, please contact Charmaine Campbell